Thanks to softball…..
- I know how a “team” works.
- I’m not afraid to play in the dirt.
- Or mess up my nails
- Or hair
- Or anything.
- It’s taken a lot of tanning sessions to get rid of my tan lines
- I know A LOT of people
- I got to travel
- I stayed out of trouble
- I know how to work hard to achieve goals
- My right arm will forever be bigger than my left arm
- As will my right leg
- That nerve in my right arm, will never work properly AGAIN.
- Being hit in the shin doesn’t hurt as bad anymore
- I love being active
- I can hit a golf ball more than 200 yards
- Those cheers from Rec ball, yeah still know every word
- People think I automatically want to play club softball
- I have no patience for people who don’t know how to throw a ball
- I learned to be a little selfish
- I got out of class a lot
- My white socks, are not white.
- I got my learner’s permit hours, really fast driving to and from practices
- I’m not afraid to pick a wedgie in public
- I’m also pretty good at quietly picking them
And most importantly,
All goals are reachable, only if you kick your ass hard enough to reach it.
I will never regret the 12 years I played, for it’s made me who I am today. But I would NEVER do it again.